Welcome and Namaste (a greeting and salutation that means “the light in me honors the light in you”).
At Blue Bird Yoga, we love beginners. Our studio is clean, warm and welcoming… you will always be greeted with a smile. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive space for you to cultivate a deeper connection with yourself and the world around you. As you begin your practice, be prepared to strengthen, balance, detoxify, and energize your body, mind, and heart.
Get ready for class. Read our Student Tips below.
- Get to know BlueBirdYoga.com. Our website is the main source for everything Blue Bird. View our current schedule, read class descriptions, and purchase classes. Also, stay up to date with studio announcements and upcoming events!
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. All classes start on time and to minimize distractions during class, there is no late admittance. The studio is open 15 minutes prior to and 15 minutes after each class.
- Sign up for classes by showing up. You do not need to call ahead or reserve your spot online — Just come on in!
- Where to purchase classes? Single Classes are available at the studio, and class packages MUST be purchased online. You can get your Intro Special in-person or online. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Always check in at the front desk. and please be patient during check-in; it can be busy. Come to your first class with your new student registration form filled out, but if you purchase your Intro Special online, badda bing badda boom, you’ll be registered and ready to go.
- Practice on an empty stomach. Avoid eating 2-3 hours prior to practice. If you’re hungry, eat a light snack (fruit or nuts) an hour before class. Drink plenty of water prior to class, but avoid drinking during class.
- Dress appropriately. Wear comfortable workout clothing: shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and leggings are all perfect. Layers help to adjust for temperature changes during and after class.
- Sniff, Sniff. What’s That? Please refrain from wearing oils or other strongly scented body products as many people are sensitive to scents, even natural ones. Save your perfume for that hot date.
- You’ll need a Yoga Mat. Having your own mat supports your commitment to your practice and ensures its cleanliness. Mats can be rented for $2. We also carry Manduka and Jade Products for sale.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Leave your shoes on the shoe shelf in the lobby. This preserves the sacred nature of the studio space. All other items can be placed in cubbies inside the studio.
- Turn off your cell phone. Please note, Blue Bird is a cell phone free studio. This enhances your experience and is respectful to your fellow yogins.
- Kids? Not at this time, our classes are for ages 14 and up, and we do not provide childcare or allow people to wait in our lobby during class.
- Choose the class that’s right for you! Beginners are welcome at all of our classes. Read over our class descriptions to find the class that nurtures or challenges you, depending on what you seek. Let the teacher know if you are new to Blue Bird Yoga.
- Notify the teacher of injuries or medical conditions. This helps the teacher know how to assist you and give you modifications.
- Practice often. Get on your mat 4-6 times per week for maximum benefit. Practicing 2-3 times per week will show improvement for most students within three months.
- Support Your Practice… by experiencing a Private yoga lesson. Spend an hour with an expert teacher and have them cater the practice to fit your needs. Take these tips into a group class so you can flow like the rest of them! We offer individual, group and corporate classes. Contact us for more info.